Nuance is a deep tech fund that invests in, supports and empowers NZ startups with solutions to world’s most pressing problems. We have strong industry channel connections around the world which add significant value to our exciting portfolio companies.
We are passionate about companies providing solutions steeped in advanced engineering, science, IP, Blockchain and AI which drive a better future for every-one.
We are a new fund and are full of energy, enthusiasm and excitement about the journey ahead.
As a key member of our team you will:
- Explore the eco-system to uncover potential investments
- Lead the due diligence process – perform team research, market research, financial analysis and deep tech product analysis.
- Liaise with external technical experts
- Help prepare Investment Committee memos with your findings
- Be prepared to travel around NZ to build relationships with potential and portfolio companies
We’re small but don’t let that fool you:
- We are a small, tight, highly energetic team
- We provide mentoring, support, guidance and a fair bit of banter
- We are all prepared to roll up our sleeves and do whatever’s necessary for the success of the team
- We are all learning and developing, we’d encourage you to join us on that journey
- We’re highly inclusive and value diversity enormously
- We like people who have their own opinions and aren’t afraid to use them.
Is this opportunity for you? Yes if…
- You are fascinated by deep tech, have a background in deep tech/science and believe that’s our future
- You communicate well both in person and in writing
- You are motivated by purpose driven organisations who solve global problems
- You really enjoy people and like to have some fun and laughter at work
- You have excellent analytical and research skills, understand business models and can quickly scan an opportunity
- You’re not afraid to make mistakes
- You understand the commercialisation of deep tech space or have worked in or invested in startups.
- You like to be in a small team
- Based in Auckland, this is a full-time role with some flexibility if you need to work 4 days instead
- The role is open to NZ Citizens and residents or non-residents living in NZ with an appropriate visa
- Applicants will be sent a short questionnaire. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed either in person or online and asked to complete an online assessment
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2021